Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recent acquisition: Panasonic DMC-TS1 Lumix waterproof camera

A great thing about TI swimming is the ability to self-coach.  Except for a one-day workshop in Montreal last May, I have relied on videos to learn the freestyle technique.  I have learned to focus on different parts of my body as I work on perfecting my form, and thus have made great strides.  A great tool which was used at the TI workshop was video recording both above and under water.  This allows one to see exactly where the problems are in the stroke, kick, rotation, alignment, etc.  I have been wanting to make a video of my swimming for a while now so that I can get that extra perspective, as well as ask for feedback from TI coaches online.

I was searching Craigslist the other day and came across an ad for a waterproof/shockproof camera with HD video recording: Panasonic's DMC-TS1 Lumix 12 mega pixel camera.  Click here for a review and specifications.

I am eager to try this out at the pool.  I suspect I will have to go early in the morning when it is not very busy and try to find a fellow swimmer to help out with the filming.  Stay tuned for exciting footage!

No comments:

Post a Comment